Tuesday, 26 June 2007

Open for comment!

When I first set up this blog at the start of the year I took the decision to restrict comments to those who were registered with Blogger, thereby ensuring that I would know who was commenting. However, for two reasons I have now changed my mind and am opening up this blog for anyone to comment on.

The first reason is that if you are determined enough you can comment 'anonymously' in any case - you just register with a nickname. The second reason is that the requirement to register means that lots of people who may have comments to make may be put off by the hassle of registering.

So in the interests of opening up a more lively and interactive dialogue, I have today changed the rules so that anyone can comment. Go for it!

5 comments:

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Ed Trelinski said...

Both a brave and commedable decision. Hopefully, the increased openness will encourage people to participate more in the conversation.

Steve Webb MP said...

Thanks Ed - I didn't expect the first consequence of the new approach would be a comment in Portuguese!

Ellee said...

I'm delighted to hear it, I think it is the best way to have a two-way conversation.

Talking of which, I am presently researching a PR postgraduate project on Mps who write a blog to communicate with audiences, I wondered if I could please send it to you.

Paul Seery said...

I thank the right honourable genetleman for making his blog open to the masses. On a more House of Commons note can the right honourable gentleman explain to the blogging community about what the atomsphere was like when it was PMQs?